Just Look the Other Way

February 28, 2008

Project 365 – Day 15

It seems like there is not a day that goes by without every surface eventually covered with junk.  This is especially so for those of us that live in a very small space.  Did you ever get the desire to spontaneously get a shovel, a large can and visit your local landfill!?  Starting fresh seems very appealing right about now.

I’ve lived in very small places and now a more spacious set up (although not that big; just in comparison) and junk will pile up anywhere. It’s the circle of life. Whatever that means.

It happens.

February 29th, 2008 at 2:38 am

2. javamamma says:

Looks like some good stuff on that counter. Cluttered? Maybe. But not junk!

February 29th, 2008 at 7:20 am

3. Bahama Mama says:

I don’t think it is a very positive reflection on me that I didn’t notice anything amiss in this photo. What’s worse is that the only thing I thought was, “wow – all the fruit in her fruit bowl is so ripe!” The two adults in my house have unfulfilled ambitions regarding a daily fruit requirement. Rotting orange anyone?

February 29th, 2008 at 9:09 am

4. Lauren says:

I love that bowl. I wouldn’t all my junk out on the counters if it looked like that bowl. I get to look at crumbled papers and old, smelly socks… YES, on the counters!

February 29th, 2008 at 12:43 pm

Good to know that if it is not ‘attached,’ that ‘the Mama’ is probably going to chuck it. Be warned, I am going through draws and nothing is safe. ;-)

May the force be with you (and me!)

Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

February 29th, 2008 at 1:14 pm

6. We are THAT family says:

Your photo made me feel safe and warm and well, at home! All my surfaces look like that including the floor! BTW, Thanks for popping in at my site. I think it indicates a low self esteem if you get excited when perfect strangers enjoy your nonsense. But I’m not sure. :)

February 29th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

7. Nancee says:

I feel that way about my basement. I always tell Hubs I’m going to take a torch and shovel to it. And hey, counters are meant to be used!

March 4th, 2008 at 8:34 pm