Who Needs Air Anyway?

August 31, 2008

I’ve been having a really hard time breathing with the cat around and decided as much as I like him, he had to go.  We searched high and low for a good home and finally Tim found one for him on a farm.

I told Belle and she seemed to take it much better than I ever expected.  We talked about visiting Benny and she seemed fine with it, although she did state she would “really miss him.”

Today after grocery shopping, she walked in, found “her cat,” and pulled him into her lap.  As I walked from grocery bag to cupboard, putting things away, Belle looked up at me with the most serious face a three-year-old could muster and very calmly said….

“Mommy…..please don’t take him away; I love him.”

I have never heard a more touching statement out of anyone.  Ever.

I almost started sobbing.

Hey, it’s only breathing; Kimmie said it was overrated.

Well, I must go now.  I have to make room in my bed for my nebulizer.  Did I mention he’ll be an outdoor cat?

1. Bobbie says:

Oh Ouch! She aims straight for the heart! You had no choice, she has super powers!However you better find an antidote before she hits 13!
    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

September 1st, 2008 at 12:42 pm

2. Bobbie says:

PS my sister gets allergy shots? have you thought about Allergy shots???
    Pain with a purpose!
    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

September 1st, 2008 at 12:42 pm

Sorry Hallie…but the two things that jump to mind is…
    wow, how wonderful it is to love and love deeply
    ….and this girl Kimmie -you ought to lose that friendship, obviously she has a mean streak. I’d pray for a new friend.

k.s.

(hmmmm, what could k.s. stand for…hmmmm, could it be ‘kitty sniffer?’ I wonder.)

September 1st, 2008 at 5:49 pm

4. Gayle @ The White House says:

I swear lady, do I have to come take the cat away myself? It does not matter how swell the cat is, or how cute your daughter is, or how many clever things she says for a three-year old…breathing is not over-rated (ask Kimmie if she’s ever had trouble breathing). She will forget the cat. Honestly. Let it go! Why spend every day struggling to breath with runny itch eyes over an animal your sweet little girl will soon forget. Really. Show up with a hypo-allergenic dog and that can will be old news to her!

September 2nd, 2008 at 3:35 am

5. MommyWizdom says:

:-( I say you try out the new home for the cat and see how it goes?! Weekly visits may soon turn into monthly ones and you’ll be able to breathe again!

If you love something, set it free right?

I’m allergic to cats too – I wouldn’t last five minutes!!

September 2nd, 2008 at 6:37 pm

6. Debbie Corley says:

You’re a softie and a good mommy! I have no advice…I’m sure you’ll do the right thing! wink.

Love to you!
    Deb C

September 3rd, 2008 at 8:47 pm

7. Bahama Mama says:

We all love cats here but I honestly wouldn’t keep it if it were making me ill. Bella loves it but I bet she loves her Momma more and wants a Momma who feels well!

September 4th, 2008 at 10:12 am