Pretty Pictures Do Not Always Tell A Story

October 6, 2008

I wish I could tell you a story behind this photo, but I can’t.  We have been hit with another trial, one I can’t talk about, but it is very serious and involves my youngest child.  I am having trouble focusing on God’s faithfulness through it.  All I can see is the storm and the waves tossing us about.  I can’t eat.  I can’t focus.  I am scared to death.  I want to crawl into bed and not wake up tomorrow.

I want this photo to be all there is….no trial, no storm, just a pretty picture, yet here we are again.  I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but your prayers are greatly needed.

1. Aspiemom says:

Having the same symptoms right now.

I’ll pray for you.

October 6th, 2008 at 10:27 pm

I’m praying for you in this storm, dear Hallie!

A friend gave me a devotional book called Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman. There was a passage the other day that really caught my attention:

“There are blessings which we cannot obtain if we cannot accept and endure suffering. There are joys that can come to us only through sorrow. There are revealings of divine truth which we can get only when earth’s lights have gone out. There are harvests which can grow only after the plowshare has done its work.”

Hang in there, my friend, and let God hold you tight– He will see you through!

Much love,
    Marsha

October 6th, 2008 at 10:38 pm

3. Embejo says:

So sorry about whatever it is you’re going through…..I will pray for the absolute best outcome.

October 6th, 2008 at 10:39 pm

4. JoAnn says:

Hallie, I am so, so sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers. I pray your focus stays on God, and that He comforts both your child, you and all that is effected during this time.
    JoAnn

October 6th, 2008 at 11:04 pm

5. Emily says:

Anything…and I mean ANYthing that involves our children hurting is the worst kind of hurt for us moms. I am so sad for you right now, and I will promise to pray for you and your daughter.

The enemy is prowling around big time lately. Stealing joy and hope. It’s on many, many of my friends’ hearts lately. WHAT is going on?

Praying for you will take my eyes off of me, so I’ll pray. :)

October 6th, 2008 at 11:12 pm

Praying for you and your sweet daughter.

love,
    dianne

October 7th, 2008 at 12:05 am

7. Fe says:

Hi Hallie,

I’ve been following your blog for a while now, and I love your thoughts and your photos.

I’m so sorry that you’re going through such a hard time. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and hope that this difficult journey ends in a positive way.

Fe x

October 7th, 2008 at 12:53 am

8. Gayle @ The White House says:

I’m not sure why bad stuff has to happen that involves children, but I hope it will all be behind you quickly. Stay strong for your little one. You can fall apart later. *hugs*

October 7th, 2008 at 3:08 am

9. Robin says:

I think those types of trials are the hardest of all to see your way through.

Much love and good thoughts going out to you and your little one.

October 7th, 2008 at 4:11 am

10. Alissa says:

Praying too!

October 7th, 2008 at 9:33 am

11. Daiquiri says:

You have mine.

We went through a terrible, scary time when my little girl was 9 months old. The same song verse kept playing in my head,

“Hold me, Jesus, ’cause I’m shakin’ like a leaf. You have been king of my glory, won’t you be my Prince of Peace.”

Praying for…Peace for you, Blessings on you little one, Joy in the end.

Daiquiri

October 7th, 2008 at 10:49 am

12. kspin says:

I’m hoping the best outcome for you as well, and will be praying for you and your cute family.

The best advice from a friend during my trials was “be brave”. Thinking of you.

*hugs* K

October 7th, 2008 at 11:42 am

13. Tiff@Three Peas says:

My prayers are with you and your youngest! I pray that all will work out according to His Plan! And that He gives you the strength and the Peach to handle what ever it is you are dealing with!

October 7th, 2008 at 2:01 pm

14. Dillo says:

Will CONTINUE praying for you.

“Give to the wind your fear
    Hope and be undismayed
    God hears your sighs and counts your tears,
    God will lift up your head.
    Through waves and clouds and storms,
    He gently clears the way
    Wait because in His time, so shall this night
    Soon end in joy…”
    From the Hymn, “God Will Lift Up Your Head,” rewritten by Jars Of Clay…..

Praying for perseverance and steps in hope.

October 7th, 2008 at 7:13 pm

15. javamamma says:

Praying…..

October 7th, 2008 at 8:29 pm

16. Hallie says:

I thank each one of you for your encouraging and thoughtful words. They are needed and appreciated at a time such as this. Tomorrow will be a huge day for us and God has already intervened in the way of peace. I have finally been able to eat and there is an acceptance in my heart, so thank you for your prayers. So far they have been answered.

October 7th, 2008 at 8:51 pm

17. Daiquiri says:

It was nice to hear from you tonight. I’ve been thinking of you all day!

October 7th, 2008 at 9:41 pm

18. Dawn @ My Home Sweet Home says:

So sorry. Hang in there. Stopping to pray for you now.

October 7th, 2008 at 11:11 pm

19. JenIG says:

I’m sorry to hear your family is going thru the wringer. I will be praying for you guys thru out the day. Life can be SO *hard*. It almost seems unbelievable that God can take these situations and somehow make them beautiful. You and I know that’s true — but it doesn’t necessarily make problems any easier to go thru at the time… we can only look at God’s track record, believe that He’s sovereign, and know that He does have a plan that will work together for our good.
    much love, jen

October 8th, 2008 at 9:09 am

20. chickadee says:

i’m so sorry about this trouble. i will keep you in my prayers.

October 9th, 2008 at 12:50 am