Even Yer Mum Would Be Proud

March 28, 2008

Project 365 – Day 43

I know, I know.  Yet another food picture.  And these scones from King Arthur Flour, were the best I’ve ever tasted!

I picked them up with quick in mind, to deliver to a neighbor that needed a little TLC and I was not disappointed with this boxed mix.

I am the type that used to do everything by hand.

When I had a life.

Now I need fast.  In fact, fast isn’t fast enough.  I need….the Jetson’s kind of fast.

Sorry.  I digress.

They were kind of a pain to mix.  The stickiness factor was off the charts, but worth every wasted paper towel and then some.

Ok, no more food pictures – for at least a day or two.  I think.

1. Jane says:

Wow, you really are on one track lately, aren’t you? :D

March 29th, 2008 at 12:04 am

you know, if I hadn’t started my exercise dvd the other day, I’d likely have to gouge my eyes out rather than come over here and see one more yummy thing!

March 29th, 2008 at 1:07 am

3. PJ Hamel says:

Hey, glad you liked our scones; looks like you had the cinnamon-filled ones; those are actually my favorite… YUM. Hope your TLC-needing friend enjoyed them, too. Thanks for the link! – PJ Hamel (I work in the test kitchen at King Arthur)

March 29th, 2008 at 5:34 am

4. Debbie Corley says:

Yumm Yumm Yumm….I want to come eat with you! You always have the yummiest looking stuff!

OK, don’t freak out about transcripts. Find someone to help you, *and* buy the book called *Homeschooling High School* by Jeanne Gowen Dennis (forward by Mike Farris). It has lots of practical information, charts to look look over, examples, forms to print for record keeping, etc…very helpful! It’s not been *hard*, really, just more paper work to make us feel even more “under the pile”! URG! Fear not, friend! You can do it!

March 29th, 2008 at 8:36 am

5. javamamma says:

I’ve never seen filled scones – wow. I’m not a fan of triangle scones though. I’ve had round ones that were the bomb and never been able to shift to those non-circular things. :)

March 29th, 2008 at 9:23 am

6. Shutterbug says:

Hey there Hallie!
    Man, those look GREAT! :) I don’t mind seeing food on your blog. I like what you’ve been fixing. But it does make me miss Whole Foods Market. :)
    Have a great day!
    Marie :)

March 29th, 2008 at 11:16 am

King Arthur is my fav flour. I didn’t know they had boxed mix scones! I love a slightly sweet scone! Mmmm…

March 29th, 2008 at 12:08 pm

8. Angela says:

You certainly know your way around the kitchen. Those look so yummy

March 29th, 2008 at 12:49 pm

9. Jami says:

I love scones. That is one of the first things I learned to make in culinary school…..I might have to break down and make some, yummy!

March 29th, 2008 at 8:35 pm

10. kspin says:

Um, yeah, you hooked me in with the scones…I’m adding you to my blogroll! :)

April 2nd, 2008 at 10:41 am