Lovely Mama-To-Be 4Lovely Mama-To-Be 3Lovely Mama-To-BeLovely Mama-To-Be 2

A New Year’s Blog Evolution

December 25, 2009

New Years Evolution

As I sit here trying to muster up the makings of a new post, I can’t  help but wonder where this blog is going.  Much like a photograph, a blog should have a focal point and at some point, this blog’s focus was lost.

There was a time, which seems like an eternity ago, that I posted regularly and with total enthusiasm.  Always finding the humor in the midst of the mundane and a filled glass where most would see (ehem…excuse me,) only backwash.  Of course, that’s when life resembled something that looked more to me like normal…or whatever my perception of normal was.

At that time, I (we) were largely defined by the fact that we were homeschoolers.  I was a struggling single mother who had opened a bookstore to stay home and homeschool my children, while being the caretaker of a mom with an acquired brain injury.   I had spunk and durability, having withstood many an injury to my spirit, I maybe felt a little too good.

But things are different now. So much has happened since then, it would be really hard to nail it down in only one sentence, but since I have resolved to start the new year with transparency and authenticity, there is no time to start like the present.

The overview…I am still a single homeschooling mother, which may or may not be a surprise to those of you who have grown to know me online over the years.  I will not go into detail, but it has been an ugly year to say the least.  I am recovering from a serious burnout of sorts, I now help care for *two* ailing parents, I finally put my youngest in nursery school to give us some time to regroup; even put an end to a chapter in our lives that needed to come to a quick termination after the closing of the bookstore.   This of course is only scratching the surface; however, I will spare you the gory details and hold tight to the fact that we are the mend and only Jesus will bring us through this difficult season.

I have since started a photography business, out of necessity, spent loads of time getting to know my children, and taken more time to nurse my ailing soul, which needed a great deal of nourishment.  I have come to realize, when faith is put to the test, there are really only two possible endings.

My point is, I am no longer the same person I was when I started this blog.  And therefore, it cannot continue as it was.  I have struggled with this fact for sometime; not wanting to stop blogging, but not able to articulate the changes occurring in my life.

But I digress.  As time permits I will still continue posting, but my focus will be more about photography.  I will still enjoy and freely share more personal things, because first, I want to, and second, I feel that a measure of transparency is needed between a writer and a reader for a personal connection to be made.  However, I need to write with a purpose, or writing becomes a task and a burden and I have felt that for long enough.

So there it is…..and it only smarts a little.

Here’s to a joyful New Year.

One thing about life is that it never stays the same. I look forward to enjoying your photography – it’s always an inspiration to me. Praying for this year to be one of blessing and encouragement for you, Hallie, and that you are drawn closer to the Lord.

love,
    dianne

December 26th, 2009 at 12:09 am

2. JoAnn says:

Hallie,

I am so sorry for all you’ve been going through. I can’t even imagine, and I’m thankful the Lord has been with you through it all. I will continue to read you blog, as I always have, regardless of the direction of it. Thank you for sharing what you have with us, and I look forward to your photos.

Oh, and I like the new look of your blog, very pretty. :)

JoAnn

December 26th, 2009 at 1:07 am

3. Robin from Israel says:

I’m sorry the past year has been such a difficult one Hallie, and I wish you peace and clarity in the days to come.
    Robin from Israel´s last blog ..Merry Christmas from Israel My ComLuv Profile

December 26th, 2009 at 3:44 am

4. Shutterbug says:

Oh Hallie,
    You are loved beyond measure. May the Lord bless you SO richly in this new year. Man, I wish I could hug you. I knew something was up, from the post, they weren’t the same. Thankful that through all of this you have found your strength in the Lord. I have been rediscovering the wonders of His grace this year. He gives us His abundant grace, we can never need more than He can supply. What a blessing to know He is always there, ever faithful to those who call Him Lord.
    I’m thrilled for you new venture into photography. I have visited you site and enjoy looking at your work. The Lord has given you a gift! :)
    By-the-way, I love your new, “About Me” snipit, it made me smile when I read it.
    I will be lifting you up in prayer and thinking of you often.
    Love,
    Marie :) (((HUG)))
    Shutterbug´s last blog ..Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! My ComLuv Profile

December 26th, 2009 at 8:12 am

5. Beth says:

I love your honesty, how difficult it is to face our own life sometimes. Thank you for sharing yours!! I look forward to your photos, I’ve always enjoyed those. Merry Christmas!

December 26th, 2009 at 9:52 am

Here’s to a New Year-may God hold you closely as you step out into it. Through pain comes much…change is always difficult, but sometimes it brings a refreshing touch of His hand. May you know HIm in ways that surprise you.
    Kimmie´s last blog ..Sharing a Photo Shoot… My ComLuv Profile

December 26th, 2009 at 9:59 am

I find that I often find my focus, lose it at some point, re-focus and hopefully grow in the whole process. No matter the ups and downs of me, God is constant, faithful and steady! I am so glad that you are leaning on the Lord, Hallie.

I am looking forward to more of your beautiful photography and getting to know you better through your words. Writing so randomly on my blog this year has been very therapeutic for me. I have been encouraged, challenged and humbled in so many ways. My hope is that you will find all those things and more.

Just be real! We love you no matter what! :)
    Marsha´s last blog ..A Closer Look My ComLuv Profile

December 27th, 2009 at 12:47 am

8. Terry says:

Malachi 3:3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver . . . A silversmith must sit holding the silver, keeping his eyes on the silver the entire time it is in the fire. If the silver is left a moment too long in the flames, it will be destroyed. He knows it is fully refined when he can see his image in it. Remember that God has His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you. You are simply being refined into the most beautiful image through pure love . . . yours and His. p.s. As one who is also being “refined”, it’s not always fun, is it??? Thank you for all the photographic knowledge and insight and joy you post. Great inspiration in many ways!

December 29th, 2009 at 2:33 pm

9. Kim says:

I can’t say it any better than the other commenters. The blogging community may be rather intangible and we may never meet (this side of heaven) but we are a community, nonetheless. We will pray for you, encourage you, and rejoice with you when God takes you out of this valley and back to the mountain.

Your photos speak volumes; it is what drew me to your blog to begin with… they are not merely pictures, but stories. Thank you for sharing your gift of story-telling with the camera!
    Kim´s last blog ..Goodbye 2009 My ComLuv Profile

December 31st, 2009 at 7:53 am

10. Hallie says:

Thank you ladies for your all your encouragement. I am blessed to have such wonderful friends.

December 31st, 2009 at 1:25 pm

11. Steve Paxton says:

I reading this over a year after you wrote it – however I hope things are improving for you and your family. I have always been impressed with your website and the detail in your images. Photography is very evolutionary. Change really just means growth. Keep up the great work!

God bless!